Friday, August 18, 2006

Day Two: Baby Steps

So, today wasn't too bad in the scheme of things. I had some cravings, and indulged in a few things, but resisted the all out binges that are so common! Even tonight at the supermarket during my peak bingeing hours, I chose a small chocolate bar over a large one (even though the large one was on special and would have cost less - shock horror!).

I've been thinking about the tools that I am trying to build from, and all of them (FLY Lady, HUGS, hypnosis, and Mind Over Body), all focus on positive thinking and baby steps. I am taking from these tools what I need to create my own solution to my own life!

Positivity is a big thing for me - I grew up in a loving family, but it was often very negative. My mother especially is often very negative/nagging and it has affected my outlook on life. My husband is the opposite - he is always the "she'll be right" positive one, gained from the family life he had, which is probably what attracts me about him. Over the years we have gained a little more of the other's traits, but I am still generally the pessimist. I think this is what gives me low self esteem (even though I should be proud of who I am and what I have acheived in life).

So my goals for tomorrow are:
  • keep going with baby steps
  • get out in the sunshine
  • focus on the positive.

No comments: