Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day Four: At the zoo

Literally at the zoo today! We decided on the spur of the moment to take the kids to the zoo (about 1.5 hours away). It gave us a chance for a walk, and to see some wildlife. I did well and packed a lunch so that we didn't have to buy greasy cafe food, but we got an icecream at the end.

My daughter has got in the habit of asking for "special treats" when she means sweet foods. We try to call them "sometimes foods" to make it less of a reward, but it is hard to break that habit....

I finally got my hair cut this afternoon (after putting it off for months and months). It is kind of a new style and I'm not quite sure about it, but at least it doesn't look like it hasn't been cut for months now! I often tend to fall into the habit of dressing sloppily, and I think it makes my eating habits worse and generally lowers my self esteem. I should listen to FLYlady's advice about "getting dressed to the shoes" everyday!

I read nearly half of Linda Moran's book last night. It seems to have the right attitude. My problem isn't so much formal dieting (although I have done a bit of it in the past) - it is more about a food "addiction" or bingeing habit, but the book covers that too.

At the dinner table tonight, I thought consciously at the beginning "I must eat until I am satiated", but then enjoyed the food so much, before I knew it I was munching on seconds - this thing is going to take a while!!

I think I'll go and read some more while I've got the chance. :-)

No comments: