Saturday, August 19, 2006

Day Three: Busy weekend

Phew! I was home with the kids today, giving hubby a bit of a break (although he was here and still pulling his weight). I am pretty tired now! How did my mum cope with four of us - I struggle with two!!??

The sun was shining this morning, so after breakfast I took the kids out for a walk (we have a double buggy, so I can go at my own pace for some of the way, and it is a good arm workout).

I have done well with being positive today, and generally my eating has been focussed on what my body needs (apart from a splurge of chips and chocolate as I sat and read a magazine while the kids were asleep!). I was glad that my little junk food session didn't turn into an all out binge for the rest of the day. That is a big thing for me not to say "oh well I have blown it - I'll eat till I'm stuffed and start again tomorrow". Instead, I just let it pass and think about what my body needs for the rest of the day.

I decided to cook a good dinner for all of us from scratch tonight, but it was a bit of a disaster - that whole 5 o'clock thing with kids doesn't help - it is no wonder that hubby ends up giving the kids easy convenience things (he is a SAHD while I work fulltime)! The tuna rissoles were completely rejected by Master One and Miss Three only at tiny bits. At least Daddy liked them!

I've been reading the dietsurvivors posts, and today I saw a mention that Linda Moran's book was available in pdf form for free! That is so great, because buying a book on Amazon gets so expensive for us when we have to pay in US dollars and pay for shipping out to here! I've just started reading and it looks great so far. Another tool to add to the collection! I may still buy it if it is good.

No comments: