Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day 14: A great day so far

Well, after yesterday's reverting to old habits, today has been much more positive. (I was going to say today has been "good" but that sounded too much like "diet talk").

I have a temporary new job at work, so I think today's positivity was brought about by that. The work isn't necessarily any better, but it is a change, and a chance to pick up some new skills.

My co-worker was heading for the chocolate at 10am this morning, but that was a bit early in the day for me (although I have been known to eat chocolate at breakfast time before today!!). Instead I opted for a milky drink which kept me going till lunchtime. I then made myself a nice toasted sandwhich and had some fruit (yum!). I also bought some almonds to nibble on, and although I probably ate more that I needed (I ate them because they were there, rather than because I was hungry) - my body was my happier with those than with sweets or chocolate!

Tonight I had my yummy vege bean stack for dinner, and instead of heading for seconds because it was so tasty, I thought I'd had enough, so I have saved some for lunch tomorrow. So instead of feeling uncomfortably full for a few minutes of "tastes yum", I have it to enjoy tomorrow.

I think part of my eating "thing" is that I always like to have something in my mouth. I wonder if it was because I was a thumb sucker as a child? Might be an interesting theory to see if kids who had a thumb or dummy habit as toddlers or preschoolers tend to eat more.....? In the meantime I may need to invest in some gum.

No comments: