Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Day Six: Hard to break habits

Ok, so there were chocolate biscuits at morning tea time, and I had two. I had a great healthy (and yummy) lunch of tuna salad sandwhich on wholegrain bread. In my quick walk after lunch I was very tempted to buy some sugary thing, but ended up spending $5 on a healthy food magazine (a much better option).

My cravings continued throughout the afternoon, I ended up chewing gum, but went through a whole packet in an afternoon - something I'm not keen on getting in the habit of, as there are all sorts of nasty chemicals in those things!

My walk home was bitterly cold, and again I was tempted with chocolate or sugar, but I resisted again!!! (YAY!). Hubby had prepared a nice dinner of salad, boiled potatoes and fresh fish (although it was precoated in strange yellow breadcrumbs).

Things turned to custard a bit more once the kids were in bed, and I got stuck into the chips, choc/marshmallows, and icecream cones (without the icecream). I didn't go to my Tuesday night weights class, and so I feel a bit deflated (or should that be inflated).... but looking on the bright side, at least I didn't give in to those earlier temptatations of the day!

Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.

Right - time to snuggle up in bed where it is warm.

No comments: