Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 46: Both ends of the scale

Today I experienced what I had read about - the binge caused by letting myself get too hungry. I went for a run this morning (22 mins - yay!) and didn't really eat enough breakfast when I got home. We then went down to the beach, and by then I was getting really hungry.

When we got back I was nibbling while I made the kids lunch, since mum said she would babysit while we went out for lunch (yahoo!). By the time I got to the cafe I was pretty hungry and we ordered an entree (starter) to share, even though I new the main (entree) was going to be large. It was so yummy that I just ate and ate, even though I knew that I was beyond comfortably full.

We then walked back and stopped at the fruit shop on the way - I was tempted by the chocolate bars, and then ate that on top of being VERY full.... so much for listening to my body!

I am going to record my hunger scale in my food diary so that I can see if there is any pattern. Next time I run, I must allow myself a larger breakfast, or a snack mid-morning to keep me going.

No comments: