Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Days 24 to 27: That post-holiday feeling

Sorry - no posts for the last few days, as I have been on holiday with my family. We had a great time, and did some fun things, but we also ate ALOT! It felt like we had about 10 meals a day. Food is always a bit of a ritual at family get togethers, and this one was no exception.

It is interesting that of all of my immediate family (and our food-focussed gatherings), I am the only one that is overweight with "food issues". On Dad's side of the family there are several generations of overweight women (some, but not all). I guess I have that tendancy!

Got a bit of a wakeup call tonight, watching a program here on New Zealand TV called "Downsize Me". They take overweight people and put them through some healthy food and exercise program. The interesting thing is that they also make fit/healthy people eat the food that they would have eaten, and they monitor the effect that it has on them - pretty scary what several weeks of crap diet does to people.... The program started off a new season by revisiting those that they had helped last year. They had generally done pretty well, but some had fallen into old habits. I don't agree with some of the hardcore tactics that they take with people, but it is an interesting show.

I will listen to my hypnosis recording tonight!! (Feeling full and flabby after rushed chinese takeaway... food diary to continue tomorrow).

No comments: