Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day 42: The chocolate temptation

I got stressed about work today, headed out for a muffin, couldn't find one so I ended up with a 2 pack of mars bars which I scoffed walking back to the office. I didn't really want them (I wanted my berry muffin, or some good quality chocolate but couldn't fine either). I could have bought some gum from the shop to satisfy my "mouth hunger"....

Then this evening hubby had the large chocolate bar sitting there... and I just kept on eating. I could hear a tiny voice saying, after a few pieces, "you've had enough, stop there and there will be more to enjoy another day" but I always block that voice out. We ate the lot (and I ate more than him).... sigh.

I don't know whether to get "tough" with myself, or just keep trying. I feel like I am getting nowhere.... the same old habits keep on coming back.

1 comment:

MizB said...

Hang in there! Just think of the positive reasons why giving up chocolate is a "good" thing for you... why you decided to do it in the first place!

I, too, am struggling to give up chocolate. I know that I don't *have* to -- all food is allowed, in moderation -- but I also know that it's a "trigger" food for me... it always keeps me in those "bad habits" that I don't want. Always leads me to being unhealthy, instead of the healthy woman I desire to be.

Write out your reasons for giving up chocolate, and post them somewhere you can see! Read over them daily -- then check out this totally inspiring website! :o)

Blessings,

<>< Mizbooks