Tuesday, January 29, 2008

64 days to go: My new affirmations

I got some books on positive thinking out of the library, and one of them "Head Strong" by Tony Buzan, was interesting. One of the things he talks about is using affirmations, and making sure that they are positive, action-oriented and in the present tense (and not lies! LOL).

So here are my new affirmations:

- I am becoming fitter and healthier.
- Every day in every way I am getting better and better!

I went for a run this morning, but ended up having to walk due to a dodgy hamstring. I am very annoyed as this is the first time i have injured myself in a while, and my body wants to run but I can't!!!

I snacked a bit outside hunger today (had a apple turnover this morning after my daughter's surgery appointment - although that felt like hunger I'm not sure it was; had cheese balls just before lunch from the snack box; and ate m&ms on the way home). I have made some good choices today though.

It is HOT HOT HOT here today - phew!

No comments: