Sunday, January 28, 2007

Day 166: Reading books, but not yet changing

Well it has been a while since I blogged... I had my trip away for work and it actually went quite well, and I didn't need to be as nervous as I was. I ate well when I was away (apart from getting through a six pack of chocolate hot cross buns! :-P)

Since I have been back I have been stuck in my old problem of evening eating (days have been mostly ok, with a few times when I have headed for the dreaded lunchtime lollies)...

The "Rules of Normal Eating" book that I have been reading is pretty heavy on beliefs and feelings, and I need to work my way through it and spend the time on it. The basic premise of the changes that need to be made are very similar to HUGS - thinking about hunger and satisfaction.... But it also talks about cravings. It also focussed not only on reformed dieters, but also overeaters - and I definitely fit more into the second category, as I have never had much success for long with diets.

I haven't started reading the IE book yet....

My main goals for the next week are to:
- blog every day
- keep in touch with Jenn my accountability partner
- keep reading and starting to apply what I have learned.

On a positive note, it was a stinking hot day so we headed to the beach yesterday. I let my inhibitions go and went in swimming with bearly a thought about what people must think of my thundery white thighs :-). It was a fantastic swim.

2 comments:

Gothic Writer said...

Hmmm... do you think you might be sugar sensitive? I am, and now I know why normal eating has NOT worked for me even after a long try at it. I am doing the Radiant Recovery program and am feeling more control and hope than I ever have... who knew my brain is wired differently? LOL

Jo said...

Hmmn - you could be right. I have always wondered about my reaction to sugar - I crave it constantly and I "can't stop at one"