Sunday, April 01, 2007

Day 226: Did da duathlon!

I made it!!! The duathlon was today, and despite hardly doing any training in the last week or so (storms and awful weather here this week - although it was fine today) I made it. It was a 3.5km run/walk (I jogged slowly), a 10km cycle (found this fine since I ride to work - although there were lots of hills), and 1.5 km run/walk (my aim was to jog but my legs were like jelly and the grass was awful to run on - ended up jogging the last half).

It is my birthday tomorrow, so we went out to lunch today to celebrate, which was really nice. My son decided he liked my lunch better than his, so we ended up sharing.

I have just entered another 5km run in 2 weeks time, so will need to keep (start!!) the training. Now it is cooling down I hope to go out some lunchtimes while I am at work.

Next step is to get control of my endless eating - let's see how that goes...

No comments: