Saturday, February 09, 2008

53 days to go: My running weapons of choice

I went for my usual run this morning, but this time, as well as my mp3 player, I took a stopwatch. It made such a difference. The music kept me going, but the watch made me meet my goal. I ended up doing:

- walk few minutes
- run 5 mins warmup
- stretch
- run 10 mins
- walk 1 min
- run 10 min
- walk

I felt like I could have kept on going at the end, and previously I'd felt like my running was going nowhere, or getting worse.

I did have a tiny bit of banana before I left instead of running on an empty stomach, so that might have helped too... Might need to experiment on that one.

My sugar-free is going well. I only had a bit of a headache the first day, but have felt great since then.

Today I even made a chocolate self saucing pudding (a "healthier" version) that I have been wanting to try. Apparently it was very good - but I didn't try it! :-) (Very tempted - it smelt yum)

No comments: