Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Off my butt" October

Fresh month, fresh start...

I have title this fresh start "off my butt october". It is about:
  • getting more active (getting back into my running, or walking if I can't get out the door)
  • eating healthier (fruit and vege, whole foods)
  • getting busy at my "risk" times (in the evening on the internet)
  • taking time to relax, breathe, and get closer to my spiritual side

This also ties in with "Push Play" month in New Zealand, so the advertising etc is out there to keep inspiring me.

I am also treating this as I would to encourage good behaviour in my 2 year old - praise and reward good behaviour and ignore bad behaviour... to a point :-). I have asked my hubby to give me a 5 minute shoulder massage at the end of each day where I have had the right attitude. I am also rewarding myself at the end of each week with a little (non-food) treat of things that I have been wanting to buy.

No comments: