Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day 301: Been away a while

Haven't been blogging for a while, partly because I have "fallen off the wagon" and partly because I am in the planning phase for action (based on the "Changing for Good" book).

I have yet to set a date, but preparation is underway for my change... the book emphasises that is important not to just jump right in and start to try to change straight away. It says you need to review the good and bad things about changing to see where you are at.

Overeating does have some positivity in my life (as strange as it may seem to say that). It means I eat whatever I want. It numbs my feelings. It means I don't need to be worried about being seen as a "sex object" or get undue attention. Chocolate makes me feel good (for a while). And overeating is my habit, and the "easier option".

So I need to think about WHY I am going to change, and ensure that those reasons are more than good enough to counteract any positive thoughts about staying the same....

Anyway, it is late so I don't want to go into details now, but see later posts for my new approach and plan..... :-)

No comments: