Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A fresh start... finally

Well, my new group took a long time to get established, but we finally had our first meeting last night - hooray!! It went well and I am feeling inspired and motivated by the great group of women that want to join me on my journey.

The way I got people interested was standing up in front of the church at the end of our priest's sermon and basically putting myself out there in front of everyone. I was SO nervous, but I have had so much support and encouragement since then. It has been great to feel that the community is behind me. I had put notices in the newsletter that nobody responded too, so I felt I was taking a huge risk putting myself up there and then having no-one who was interested, but the Holy Spirit was obviously behind it all and made it happen.

So today was a fresh start, and although I had times when I subconsciously reached for food, I was able to stop and pray and decide whether I really was hungry. I ate my lunch early, as I was at a 0 earlier than the lunchbreak, and I had a couple of pieces of chocolate at the end of lunch and felt satisfied. I didn't stuff myself full.

This evening I have had a few inklings to head for the pantry, but a call to another person interested in the group distracted me for a while and now I am no longer feeling that urge to eat.

All in all a blessed start to my journey. Thank you Lord.

No comments: